One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An incision in the windpipe made to relieve an obstruction to breathing.‘I had to do an emergency tracheotomy before we got to hospital’‘tracheotomy is recommended’
- ‘Seventeen of the patients had a tracheostomy for airway obstruction.’
- ‘All tracheotomies were operative tracheotomies, and no percutaneous dilatational tracheostomies were performed.’
- ‘Longer-term help with breathing may require a tracheotomy.’
- ‘In some cases, such as when the swollen epiglottis blocks the windpipe, a tracheostomy may be performed.’
- ‘In severe problem patients a tracheotomy or surgical opening (temporary or permanent) above the Adams apple is needed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.