One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At the same time, it doesn't influence pulling the bow and toxophily, so it is also called ‘arrow sleeves’ (in Manchu, it is called ‘Waha’).’
- ‘A member of the Tibetan equestrian sport team performs toxophily at the Shoton Festival in Lhasa, capital of southwest China's Tibet Autonomous Region on August 14, 2007.’
- ‘The various gifts, talents, pastimes, and pleasures of her Majesty have been dwelt upon at length at this jubilee time, but no one so far has touched upon one of her favorite diversions in past years, the pleasant sport of toxophily.’
- ‘Nine skills, toxophily, stone bumping, jumping, walking, swimming, rassling, talking, writing and calculating were popular for men to practice at that time.’
- ‘After the ceremony of sacrificing, sports activity such as toxophily, horse race, and wrestling will be held.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.