Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A rail, especially one attached to a wall, from which to hang towels.
- ‘The family bathroom is a generous size and has a bath with a shower attachment, part-tiled walls and a heated towel rail.’
- ‘Stylishly decorated in blue and white, it features an original free-standing bath, a separate shower stall, pedestal hand basin and heated towel rail.’
- ‘Between the final two bedrooms is a high-spec bathroom with a clawfoot cast iron bath, shower, heated towel rail and recessed lights.’
- ‘Beside the sink was a towel rail on which hung two crisp white towels, starched to a knife edge.’
- ‘The shower room is particularly stylish - it has a slate-tiled floor, a heated towel rail, a mirrored wall cabinet and a tiled shower.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.