One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rail, especially one attached to a wall, from which to hang towels.
- ‘The shower room is particularly stylish - it has a slate-tiled floor, a heated towel rail, a mirrored wall cabinet and a tiled shower.’
- ‘The family bathroom is a generous size and has a bath with a shower attachment, part-tiled walls and a heated towel rail.’
- ‘Beside the sink was a towel rail on which hung two crisp white towels, starched to a knife edge.’
- ‘Stylishly decorated in blue and white, it features an original free-standing bath, a separate shower stall, pedestal hand basin and heated towel rail.’
- ‘Between the final two bedrooms is a high-spec bathroom with a clawfoot cast iron bath, shower, heated towel rail and recessed lights.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.