One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular or plural Everyone.‘he shouted ‘Bon appetit, tout le monde!’’
- ‘To be contemporaine de tout le monde - that is the keenest and most secret satisfaction that fashion can offer a woman.’
- ‘Tout le monde has fallen in love with her.’
- ‘Why does he seem so certain, decisive and sure of himself, when everybody - tout le monde!’
- ‘Backstage he went on to greet, as he put it, "All the children in the world and to tell tout le monde, everybody to be good at school."’
- ‘He gave orders for a new offensive all along the line: tout le monde à la bataille!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.