One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular or plural Everyone.‘he shouted ‘Bon appetit, tout le monde!’’
- ‘To be contemporaine de tout le monde - that is the keenest and most secret satisfaction that fashion can offer a woman.’
- ‘Why does he seem so certain, decisive and sure of himself, when everybody - tout le monde!’
- ‘He gave orders for a new offensive all along the line: tout le monde à la bataille!’
- ‘Tout le monde has fallen in love with her.’
- ‘Backstage he went on to greet, as he put it, "All the children in the world and to tell tout le monde, everybody to be good at school."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.