One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tournedos served with a crouton and pâté and a Madeira sauce.
- ‘The beefy main event, the tournedos Rossini, was perfectly cooked and accompanied by wild mushrooms; but while the portions were the perfect size for me, Vicky was beginning to flag.’
- ‘And I'd never imagined that it would be packed with white-tablecloth restaurants serving things like fjord shrimp and tournedos Rossini.’
- ‘Best of all, though, was the simple black-Angus steak (with frites), and the extravagant, truffle-infused tournedos Rossini, which would have been even better if its little cap of foie gras wasn't faintly cold.’
- ‘Jean-Louis Dumonet, the chef, has hit on a shrewd blend of classic haute-cuisine dishes like tournedos Rossini and equally classic bistro dishes like rabbit in mustard sauce.’
- ‘Food is the cheap, no-sweat, low-achievement route to immortality: Melba toast, Caesar salad, tournedos Rossini, Lea & Perrins.’
- ‘The recipe for tournedos Rossini is one that he is supposed to have suggested to the chef at the Cafe Anglais, Le Cirque of the Second Empire.’
- ‘There are two stories about the tournedos Rossini.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.