One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tournedos served with a crouton and pâté and a Madeira sauce.
- ‘There are two stories about the tournedos Rossini.’
- ‘Food is the cheap, no-sweat, low-achievement route to immortality: Melba toast, Caesar salad, tournedos Rossini, Lea & Perrins.’
- ‘The recipe for tournedos Rossini is one that he is supposed to have suggested to the chef at the Cafe Anglais, Le Cirque of the Second Empire.’
- ‘Jean-Louis Dumonet, the chef, has hit on a shrewd blend of classic haute-cuisine dishes like tournedos Rossini and equally classic bistro dishes like rabbit in mustard sauce.’
- ‘And I'd never imagined that it would be packed with white-tablecloth restaurants serving things like fjord shrimp and tournedos Rossini.’
- ‘The beefy main event, the tournedos Rossini, was perfectly cooked and accompanied by wild mushrooms; but while the portions were the perfect size for me, Vicky was beginning to flag.’
- ‘Best of all, though, was the simple black-Angus steak (with frites), and the extravagant, truffle-infused tournedos Rossini, which would have been even better if its little cap of foie gras wasn't faintly cold.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.