One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A display device which allows the user to interact with a computer by touching areas on the screen.
- ‘Newer models of viewfinders even let you add effects to your video via an LCD touch screen while you are filming.’
- ‘Operators can use a touchscreen to raise or lower the temperature and to set alarms to warn of malfunctions that may affect the temperature.’
- ‘The ‘DS’ stands for dual screen - one screen is the main display, and the other is a touch screen.’
- ‘The device can also be connected to a special keyboard, or users can write on the touchscreen, which will convert script into text with proprietary software.’
- ‘He had just purchased a new computer with a touchscreen monitor, and he needed help installing the software.’
- ‘Compared to a touchscreen, these displays only react to the special stylus, not to the user's hand or finger.’
- ‘If you'd prefer, there are other control configurations available, one of which doesn't use the touchscreen.’
- ‘You pay, and also enter the combination, on a touchscreen near the locker.’
- ‘The first thing you'll notice about playing any DS game is that the lower touch screen is extremely responsive.’
- ‘The user-friendly touchscreen will display details in English, Tamil and Malayalam.’
- ‘Each kiosk allows a customer to place an order directly with the kitchen, using a touchscreen with pictures of food, English or Spanish text and verbal prompts.’
- ‘All the classrooms have a whiteboard with a touch screen and can run any software from a computer.’
- ‘You can use the touch screen to move the ideal landing position of your shot, and you can also select clubs from your virtual caddy via the stylus.’
- ‘This game looks great and makes use of the touchscreen.’
- ‘Mobile phone input devices to date include the keypad, touchscreen and voice recognition.’
- ‘It can only tell a voter whether the data sent to the printer is the same data he recalls entering at the touchscreen.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.