One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Besides mastery of composition, pathos, touchingness and power of affecting are also found in them.’
- ‘Dedication will be made to those who are dear and departed with a touchingness.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the touchingness of the nunchuk scene is undercut slightly by the extreme obviousness of the body double (that wig does not look like her hair).’
- ‘The familiarity and touchingness of the messages communicated in this particular instance were very remarkable, and can by no means be reproduced in any printed report of the sitting.’
- ‘Slipping off the chair, Louise stands by the piano, for a complete contrast of a song, Lovers For A Day, which she sang pretty powerfully, and yet proved to switch easily between the powerful anger of the chorus, to the tender touchingness of the sad verses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.