One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of therapeutic treatment in which the therapist physically touches the subject in a specific way, including reflexology and various forms of massage.‘I practise reiki, a form of hands-on touch therapy that promotes deep relaxation and healing’count noun ‘touch therapies have been effective in reducing physical and emotional stress and physical pain for family caregivers’
- ‘Swedish massage is a touch therapy that uses a range of techniques to manipulate the soft tissues of the body.’
- ‘Proprietors tout the benefits of touch therapy and an open ear.’
- ‘Nina uses light touch therapy to treat both mental and physical ailments and, she says, bring about self-healing for the client, whatever their particular needs.’
- ‘The overwhelming sense of well-being and peace that I felt after my first encounter with touch therapy was amazing.’
- ‘Massage is a healing touch therapy that is not only a wonderfully relaxing experience but also brings countless health benefits.’
- ‘We use massage and touch therapy, so the client can learn to be in the moment.’
- ‘Massage and other touch therapies that help alleviate stress are all seeing increased use by sufferers—not as a cure, but to help manage the disease.’
- ‘The hospice provides many types of care from day care, a hospice at home service, counselling and touch therapies.’
- ‘I'm all for touch therapies—but it has to be by someone who's really good.’
- ‘With the new grant, she will continue to study the effects of her touch therapy on patients and build the program.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.