One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘However, the referee over-ruled his touch judge and decided that Airey had knocked the ball on as he grounded it - which Airey rejected afterwards - thus denying Kendal their first points of the game.’
- ‘Both players were reported at the insistence of a touch judge, however the Rugby Football League executive has ruled that neither player has a case to answer.’
- ‘Earlier than that move, there had been a forward pass signalled by the touch judge but referee Watson chose to ignore it.’
- ‘The ball carrier appeared to hit the corner flag before grounding the ball but after consultation with the Dale touch judge the referee awarded the try.’
- ‘An additional proposal is to re-name a touch judge a ‘flag referee’ and to have him point his flag straight out in the manner of a football linesman when a player strays offside.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.