One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of government that is centralized and dictatorial and requires complete subservience to the state.‘democratic countries were fighting against totalitarianism’
- ‘In a world where totalitarianism is all too present, globalization fosters democracy.’
- ‘Is it better to classify Nazism and Stalinism together as examples of totalitarianism?’
- ‘Nationalizing the airline industry is a far cry from comprehensive economic planning and totalitarianism.’
- ‘He saw himself primarily as a political writer, a democratic socialist who avoided party labels and hated totalitarianism.’
- ‘They unlock the secret to how a seemingly normal country can find itself plunged into nationalist totalitarianism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.