One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounChristian Theology
The Calvinist doctrine that human nature is thoroughly corrupt and sinful as a result of the Fall.
- ‘Preach to us about our total depravity and God's sovereign electing mercy and grace.’
- ‘This is what theologians mean when they speak of total depravity.’
- ‘The causes can be found in theological theory, most especially the idea of total depravity, or original sin, and the notion of predestination, as well as in cultural history and economic conditions.’
- ‘In Christian circles we talk about something called total depravity.’
- ‘Thirdly, this truth of total depravity and inability led me to see that in evangelizing others, we are wholly dependent on the grace and power of God, and not on our ability to convince or persuade them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.