One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ester containing a tosyl group.
- ‘The potential for nonactivated vinyl tosylates and phosphates to be worthy substrates for Heck couplings with electron-poor alkenes and styrene derivatives has been demonstrated.’
- ‘They are about three times less reactive towards solvolysis than the corresponding tosylates.’
- ‘Brown noted that SAM-e is generally available in two forms: a butanedisulfonate form and a tosylate form.’
- ‘Alcohols can be converted into tosylates using tosyl chloride and a base to ‘mop-up’ the HCl by-product.’
- ‘Bretylium tosylate (ie, Bretylol) is an IVRB adrenergic blocking agent that also is used as an antiarrhythmic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.