One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An ester containing a tosyl group.
- ‘Alcohols can be converted into tosylates using tosyl chloride and a base to ‘mop-up’ the HCl by-product.’
- ‘Brown noted that SAM-e is generally available in two forms: a butanedisulfonate form and a tosylate form.’
- ‘The potential for nonactivated vinyl tosylates and phosphates to be worthy substrates for Heck couplings with electron-poor alkenes and styrene derivatives has been demonstrated.’
- ‘Bretylium tosylate (ie, Bretylol) is an IVRB adrenergic blocking agent that also is used as an antiarrhythmic.’
- ‘They are about three times less reactive towards solvolysis than the corresponding tosylates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.