One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Turn a pancake by flipping it into the air so that it lands in the pan on its opposite side.
- ‘A number of North-west teams - including Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers and Oldham Athletic - entered the contest to race across a 200 metre course tossing a pancake as they ran.’
- ‘‘Hello? ‘he snaps as Coco's strong rippling arm tosses a pancake into the air.’’
- ‘l Pupils at St Mary's Primary School also celebrated Shrove Tuesday in traditional style, negotiating an obstacle course while tossing a pancake.’
- ‘Any excuse for a party, so long as I don't have to toss a pancake or kiss a church bell ringer.’
- ‘The students had to toss a pancake, run to a hoop, toss a pancake a second time and run back to pass on the pan (hopefully with the pancake in!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.