One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Turn a pancake by flipping it into the air so that it lands in the pan on its opposite side.
- ‘The students had to toss a pancake, run to a hoop, toss a pancake a second time and run back to pass on the pan (hopefully with the pancake in!’
- ‘A number of North-west teams - including Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers and Oldham Athletic - entered the contest to race across a 200 metre course tossing a pancake as they ran.’
- ‘‘Hello? ‘he snaps as Coco's strong rippling arm tosses a pancake into the air.’’
- ‘l Pupils at St Mary's Primary School also celebrated Shrove Tuesday in traditional style, negotiating an obstacle course while tossing a pancake.’
- ‘Any excuse for a party, so long as I don't have to toss a pancake or kiss a church bell ringer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.