One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The law with respect to the services of a third party who provides voluntary care for a tortiously injured plaintiff has developed somewhat erratically in England.’
- ‘The reason I ask the question is this, organisation, such as your client and its competitors, must frequently obtain material which has been illegally or tortiously obtained in the first place and passed on to them.’
- ‘Accordingly, he declared that none of the residents could be found to have tortiously interfered with Boca Investors Group based exclusively on evidence that they had threatened to file, or actually filed, meritless lawsuits.’
- ‘For instance, in 1984, Texas was held liable to Pennzoil for $11 billion, based on Pennzoil's claim that Texaco had tortiously interfered with its contract.’
- ‘They have also amended their counterclaim against JMP / JPP to claim relief for tortiously inducing a breach of the licence agreement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.