One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place that makes and sells tortillas.‘for nearly 30 years, this family-run restaurant and tortilleria has been turning out authentic Mexican food’
- ‘Whether you get your tortillas from a tortilleria or from the dairy case at the corner supermarket, you should give Mexican cooking a try.’
- ‘I get up early to visit a tortilleria and try to find out more about the tortilla wars.’
- ‘I'd buy fresh tortillas from the tortilleria, and eat them on a bench under a tree.’
- ‘Suffice it to say that tortillerias are sprinkled every couple of blocks across urban Mexico.’
- ‘When we try a new tortilleria or restaurant, he always asks about their recipe.’
- ‘Their tacos and quesadillas acquired such a following that the tortilleria opened a restaurant.’
- ‘Tortillerias incorporate the entire cob into the dough.’
- ‘If there isn't a handy tortilleria nearby, tortillas are easy to make yourself.’
- ‘In the tiny tortillerias of this city, people complain ceaselessly about the high price of corn.’
- ‘Spokespeople for neighborhood tortillerias pointed out that they didn't work for the big companies, so the agreement wasn't binding on them.’
Latin American Spanish.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.