One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A place that makes and sells tortillas.‘for nearly 30 years, this family-run restaurant and tortilleria has been turning out authentic Mexican food’
- ‘Suffice it to say that tortillerias are sprinkled every couple of blocks across urban Mexico.’
- ‘Tortillerias incorporate the entire cob into the dough.’
- ‘When we try a new tortilleria or restaurant, he always asks about their recipe.’
- ‘If there isn't a handy tortilleria nearby, tortillas are easy to make yourself.’
- ‘Spokespeople for neighborhood tortillerias pointed out that they didn't work for the big companies, so the agreement wasn't binding on them.’
- ‘Their tacos and quesadillas acquired such a following that the tortilleria opened a restaurant.’
- ‘In the tiny tortillerias of this city, people complain ceaselessly about the high price of corn.’
- ‘I'd buy fresh tortillas from the tortilleria, and eat them on a bench under a tree.’
- ‘I get up early to visit a tortilleria and try to find out more about the tortilla wars.’
- ‘Whether you get your tortillas from a tortilleria or from the dairy case at the corner supermarket, you should give Mexican cooking a try.’
Latin American Spanish.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.