One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small piece of a maize flour tortilla which has been fried or baked until crisp, typically eaten as a snack.‘they served tortilla chips with salsa’
- ‘You can stay healthy, but good luck avoiding the fried quesadillas and tortilla chips.’
- ‘I had guacamole with tortilla chips, with the authentic taste and consistency.’
- ‘Nibbles that were lighter on the wallet included guacamole and tortilla chips, and marinated olives.’
- ‘He went through about three baskets of tortilla chips.’
- ‘It is a no-frills place that immediately distinguishes itself by the three superb salsas that come with slightly greasy but homemade tortilla chips.’
- ‘The little margarita bar was decked with baskets of fine, not-too-greasy tortilla chips and pots of spicy, fresh-made salsa.’
- ‘Wouldn't it be great to have your own private stash of cola and some salsa for your tortilla chips?’
- ‘The cheese comes in mild and spicy varieties and can be used on tortilla chips, tacos, potatoes, and many other foods.’
- ‘The dish includes crispy chicken strips with a tangy chili lime sauce and tortilla chips and salsa dressing.’
- ‘Served with tortilla chips, the melted cheese turned out to be the hit of the party.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.