Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tool for setting and adjusting the tightness of nuts and bolts to a desired value.
- ‘But these days, with those delicate bolts on stems, seatposts and even crankbolts, investing in a good torque wrench is more than a luxury.’
- ‘If you would choke up on your hex key to tighten a small bolt, choke up on the torque wrench the same way.’
- ‘But the HSE's tests weren't carried out with a torque wrench - they were carried out with an adjustable spanner.’
- ‘The torque that a fastener actually attains while using a torque wrench depends on the threads being lubricated in the same way that the manufacturer intended.’
- ‘Fairly simple task you might think, but no… I've had to get a torque wrench, which set me back about fifty quid.’
- ‘You absolutely must own a torque wrench if you're gonna use this.’
- ‘I've yet to buy a torque wrench to properly tighten the bolt.’
- ‘Topography might be important in training the vocal skills of a second language or the motor skills of a repair technician who needs to use a torque wrench.’
- ‘In the process of doing so, I used my new torque wrench to tighten the bolts on the faceplate of my Thomson stem.’
- ‘Check out the ‘Making It Work ‘column on using a torque wrench on the site today as well.’’
- ‘People ask me what my favorite tool is and I say the torque wrench.’
- ‘She grabbed a socket set, a jack, and a torque wrench.’
- ‘Get a torque wrench, and use it on practice rocks to learn how tight is proper.’
- ‘Both systems are oversized, and I have always used a torque wrench on them.’
- ‘At worst, if it were a bolt missed by Ms. Santos, it would fall into line with her explanation that she did not intentionally fail to use her torque wrench on any bolt.’
- ‘Because a split second before the torque wrench was applied to the faucet handle, it had been calibrated by top members of the state and federal department of weights and measures, to be dead on balls accurate.’
- ‘When possible, use a torque wrench when cinching down the plugs; over-tightening will cause damage and under-torquing can lead to the plug leaking or backing out.’
- ‘They are only strong if precisely tightened with a torque wrench, but because most climbers do not use a torque wrench you should consider them all bad.’
- ‘Whenever they disassemble a police rifle for routine cleaning and inspection and then reassemble it, they like to use a torque wrench to tighten the guard screws consistently.’
- ‘First, a short rant for the greater good: Every competent mechanic should have a correctly calibrated torque wrench in their tool kit and use it.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.