One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who inflicts severe mental or physical suffering on someone.‘they help victims of domestic violence escape their tormentors’
- ‘In a fit of anger, he takes extreme action to deal with his tormentor.’
- ‘He was too small to do much against his tormentors.’
- ‘I curl up into a ball and remain like that until my tormentors have gone away.’
- ‘My tormentor laughed bitterly.’
- ‘The children eventually rise up against their tormentors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.