One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘"Wakie, wakie." he said tormentingly.’
- ‘Two blue-bottle flies buzzed tormentingly about in the drawing room.’
- ‘The metal stirrups were tormentingly cold to her bare feet.’
- ‘The river rises to swallow everything around; its rise painfully, tormentingly gradual like a torturous, emaciating death.’
- ‘He was tormentingly tense and uneasy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.