One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I thought about asking him if he couldn't have done this himself, or at least with a shirt on, but decided not to risk him questioning my aversion to his toplessness.’
- ‘Even his fabulous toplessness was not enough to make it worth watching again.’
- ‘Armed with the map, Richard and a young French couple he has met (she: slender brunette, winning eyes, partial to toplessness; he: undeserving) set off to find the beach.’
- ‘One probably should not, however, attempt toplessness too often amid booming lorries on the M25, as I did once before retreating under the roof.’
- ‘The fact is, toplessness in a man is not equal to toplessness in a woman.’
- ‘The sunny, warm weekend was filled with that special combination of friendly flirting, sincere helpfulness, and relaxed toplessness that characterizes the festival every year.’
- ‘There are certain genres in which viewers have a right to expect gratuitous toplessness, and Dirty Deeds belongs to one.’
- ‘Only one, Plage Crawen, is completely clothing optional but toplessness is pretty standard even around hotel swimming pools.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.