One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Bella stopped crying and grinned toothlessly up at Grace, soothed by her voice.’
- ‘When I am done, she breaks into a smile so toothlessly wide, so charmingly affectionate, that I feel I might easily dissolve into it.’
- ‘An old hag from across the isle grinned toothlessly at me as he left and said something I couldn't understand.’
- ‘The wrinkled woman tossed her book at both of them, screaming toothlessly and without gratitude.’
- ‘Jalen leaned back again, smiled toothlessly at Hana and swallowed her donut.’
- ‘Cofecr grinned toothlessly, and bustled off to the kitchen to get the special.’
- ‘The man grinned toothlessly at her when she was finished, but she remained impassive and told him to return to the ranch.’
- ‘He giggled and smiled toothlessly, raising his chubby arms and squealing for her to pick him up… so she did, without a moment's hesitation.’
- ‘Chalmers treasured his 25 cents a week, and it was amusing to watch him hobble about on his remaining leg, emptying rubbish baskets and grinning toothlessly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.