One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for tusk shell
- ‘Amphineura, containing the chitons, and Scaphopoda, represented by the elephant tooth shell, are two classes of less popular interest.’
- ‘Wampum, used in North America, was usually fashioned from thick-shelled clams; dentalia, or tooth shells, were popular with the coastal Native Americans of W North America.’
- ‘They are also known as tooth shells and resemble an elephant's tusks.’
- ‘The tusk or tooth shells, as they are more commonly known, have the simplest shell structure and anatomy of all the molluscs.’
- ‘Scaphopods are burrowing animals that are also called tusk or tooth shells.’
- ‘Even I, who entered not knowing an egg cockle from a dosinia, came out savvy of tooth shells and lightning whelks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.