One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A message which appears when a cursor is positioned over an icon, image, hyperlink, or other element in a graphical user interface.
- ‘If something isn't immediately obvious, putting the cursor over it will bring up a tool tip telling you all relevant information.’
- ‘On lines 48-64, we create a status line where the menu tool tips will be displayed.’
- ‘He also mentions that visual browsers can display it as a tooltip or on the status line.’
- ‘You can float the mouse over the button and a tool tip will pop up with the command name.’
- ‘You should add an empty title attribute too, to suppress the tooltip in visual browsers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.