One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a program with a graphical user interface) a strip of icons that can be clicked to perform certain functions.
- ‘There was no way to design the whole main window, with menubars, toolbars and statusbar.’
- ‘Some programs installed toolbars or special searches or served pop-up ads onto people's machines.’
- ‘Most programmers eventually have to manipulate bitmaps for icons or toolbars, and most programmers don't have a good bitmap editor available.’
- ‘Above the graphics area is a menu bar and two customizable toolbars.’
- ‘If this ever happens to you, here's how to literally ‘lock’ the toolbars and status bar in place so they don't disappear or move again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.