Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The post of a machine tool which holds a cutting tool steady.
- ‘If the tool post is too small the tools will not be able to reach high enough to get to the centerline.’
- ‘However, if using a larger series holder on a smaller tool post, you must have enough center height.’
- ‘Its full-open cover allows easy access to both spindles and tool posts, reducing costly setup times.’
- ‘I simply machined the hole through the center of the tool post to fit the existing stud.’
- ‘The tool post has its dovetails, mounting hole, pusher hole and cam holes bored.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.