The post of a machine tool which holds a cutting tool steady.
- ‘However, if using a larger series holder on a smaller tool post, you must have enough center height.’
- ‘I simply machined the hole through the center of the tool post to fit the existing stud.’
- ‘The tool post has its dovetails, mounting hole, pusher hole and cam holes bored.’
- ‘Its full-open cover allows easy access to both spindles and tool posts, reducing costly setup times.’
- ‘If the tool post is too small the tools will not be able to reach high enough to get to the centerline.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.