Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The post of a machine tool which holds a cutting tool steady.
- ‘However, if using a larger series holder on a smaller tool post, you must have enough center height.’
- ‘I simply machined the hole through the center of the tool post to fit the existing stud.’
- ‘The tool post has its dovetails, mounting hole, pusher hole and cam holes bored.’
- ‘If the tool post is too small the tools will not be able to reach high enough to get to the centerline.’
- ‘Its full-open cover allows easy access to both spindles and tool posts, reducing costly setup times.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.