One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The post of a machine tool which holds a cutting tool steady.
- ‘The tool post has its dovetails, mounting hole, pusher hole and cam holes bored.’
- ‘Its full-open cover allows easy access to both spindles and tool posts, reducing costly setup times.’
- ‘I simply machined the hole through the center of the tool post to fit the existing stud.’
- ‘However, if using a larger series holder on a smaller tool post, you must have enough center height.’
- ‘If the tool post is too small the tools will not be able to reach high enough to get to the centerline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.