One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used in reference to the fact that something that is generally desirable or beneficial can be detrimental or unpleasant if experienced excessively.‘an overabundance of any of the B vitamins can be too much of a good thing’
- ‘Three discs might seem like too much of a good thing, but I was never frustrated by this set.’
- ‘Too much of a good thing can often be a waste—or even a downright pollutant.’
- ‘Such emphasis may prove too much of a good thing.’
- ‘Use a dab of cologne, not half the bottle—there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.’
- ‘This opens the door for more weirdness for weirdness's sake, but sometimes, that can be too much of a good thing.’
: an excessive, and hence detrimental, amount of something which is desirable and beneficial in moderation.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.