One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
So great or impressive as to be difficult to believe.‘five league wins in a row was just too good to be true’
- ‘He promised investors returns on their money that were too good to be true.’
- ‘He is a mighty war hero whose features appear to be so perfect that it seems too good to be true.’
- ‘It seems too good to be true but thus far we have seen no hidden problems or costs.’
- ‘We often believe counterfeit items to be the real thing even if the prices are too good to be true.’
- ‘This school was too good to be true.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.