One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very cool or fashionable.‘he has no brains, no looks, no personality, but he still thinks he's too cool for school’
- ‘Score yourself some of these items and you just may be too cool for school!’
- ‘When we see Kate Moss looking too cool for school carrying the latest Mulberry bag, we immediately want one.’
- ‘Maybe just "too cool for school" is what I mean.’
- ‘You're just too cool for school, aren't you?’
- ‘The assistants look like they're too cool for school.’
- ‘So that guy was a little bit too cool for school, but there you go.’
- ‘The guy's too cool for school; he is very artsy, thinks outside the box, different.’
- ‘She is such a smart ass, a know-it-all, very too cool for school.’
- ‘We weren't trying to be too cool for school.’
- ‘The club was filled with 30-something skinny Brits who thought they were too cool for school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.