One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Very cool or fashionable.‘he has no brains, no looks, no personality, but he still thinks he's too cool for school’
- ‘The guy's too cool for school; he is very artsy, thinks outside the box, different.’
- ‘We weren't trying to be too cool for school.’
- ‘So that guy was a little bit too cool for school, but there you go.’
- ‘You're just too cool for school, aren't you?’
- ‘She is such a smart ass, a know-it-all, very too cool for school.’
- ‘The club was filled with 30-something skinny Brits who thought they were too cool for school.’
- ‘The assistants look like they're too cool for school.’
- ‘Maybe just "too cool for school" is what I mean.’
- ‘When we see Kate Moss looking too cool for school carrying the latest Mulberry bag, we immediately want one.’
- ‘Score yourself some of these items and you just may be too cool for school!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.