One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A protective cover for the seats in an open car or cabin cruiser when they are not in use.
- ‘As a result, it does not need either a tonneau cover nor a roof lid.’
- ‘Imagine a $50,000 pickup with paper stickum on the sides, no 4-wheel drive and a power tonneau cover that makes it impossible to retrieve anything from the front of the truck bed.’
- ‘The roof gets a hard tonneau cover and all the windows roll down completely to ensure a slick appearance.’
- ‘And I have found the tonneau cover very easy to use after some initial difficulties.’
- ‘Rather than lose face, our intrepid medical student parked at the side of the road, zipped up the tonneau cover and strode off, as if there were nothing wrong.’
- ‘The electric hood is fully automatic and folds away under its own flush-fitting tonneau cover.’
- ‘Instead of flipping up, an aluminium tonneau cover raises itself and then slides back, making for a quicker operation and a better seal than a traditional hinged cover.’
- ‘A tonneau cover conceals your gear from prying eyes.’
- ‘The top's compact folding mechanism stacks it neatly behind the rear seats in just 15 seconds with no manual latches and no need for a tonneau cover.’
- ‘You can lose most of the remaining space too, if you store the semi-rigid tonneau cover in it.’
- ‘Fortunately, our bed was lined and protected with a soft tonneau cover, and thus stored all our family gear (including two bikes) for a weekend away.’
- ‘The main issues were in the design of the box, the power tonneau cover, the Dutch cargo doors, the LED strip lights and the large outer panels.’
- ‘A hard tonneau cover seemed the only way to ensure protection for items in the bed, but the length and weight of the cover would violate the one-person convertibility theme.’
- ‘Though the cabin has lots of clever design items, it is somewhat impractical for the storage of odds and ends and boot space is small, a fact made worse by the presence of a bulky tonneau cover.’
- ‘The power top is easy to use and worked flawlessly, though this one comes with a hard tonneau cover that takes up a lot of trunk space when it's not in place.’
- ‘Behind the red and black leather interior was a 5x7 cargo box under a hard plastic tonneau cover.’
- ‘Also the luggage area has been given a tonneau cover that moves with the rear seats to maintain its job of keeping articles in the boot from prying eyes.’
- ‘A tonneau cover is fitted to keep prying eyes from the boot content, but it is also designed in such a way that boot access can still be made either through the boot tailgate or its glass screen, which can be opened independently if needed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.