One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The lung, however, does not become inflamed or infected, in part because alveolar and airway macrophages express a number of antiinflammatory molecules that tonically suppress pulmonary inflammation.’
- ‘In Hirschsprung disease, the aganglionic colon remains spastic or tonically enhanced and unable to relax.’
- ‘The lower esophageal sphincter is tonically contracted at rest to seal the lumen in a rosette at the esophagogastric junction.’
- ‘The EDL is adapted for relatively infrequent bursts of phasic activity, whereas the soleus is tonically activated to maintain posture.’
- ‘The influence of hypercapnia on tonically discharging motor units is certainly of interest, and future studies are needed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.