One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She had simply walked into his study, and tonelessly muttered the news to him.’
- ‘The film's opening scene finds her on her psychologist's couch, tonelessly reciting her recipe for braised pigeon in thyme sauce with truffles.’
- ‘‘Your hearing's just fine,’ I said tonelessly.’
- ‘‘You can stop shaking him now,’ I said tonelessly.’
- ‘‘Leave now,’ he repeated, firmly, yet tonelessly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.