Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An audio signal used in testing the transient response of audio components.
- ‘It's not necessary to send a toneburst at the start of each over, so disable the auto toneburst if possible.’
- ‘The levels are equalised, tonebursts and DTMF tones are attenuated, and squelch tails are shortened.’
- ‘This track comprises equal-length tonebursts that move from 32Hz up to 3.2kHz in half steps, then back down again.’
- ‘We know that responses to the tonebursts will occur at the same repetition rate as the stimuli, so we do amplitude and frequency analysis to find them.’
- ‘A teoae test involves the presentation of a large number of very brief clicks or tonebursts, each of which is a highly complex sound.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.