One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An audio signal used in testing the transient response of audio components.
- ‘The levels are equalised, tonebursts and DTMF tones are attenuated, and squelch tails are shortened.’
- ‘A teoae test involves the presentation of a large number of very brief clicks or tonebursts, each of which is a highly complex sound.’
- ‘It's not necessary to send a toneburst at the start of each over, so disable the auto toneburst if possible.’
- ‘We know that responses to the tonebursts will occur at the same repetition rate as the stimuli, so we do amplitude and frequency analysis to find them.’
- ‘This track comprises equal-length tonebursts that move from 32Hz up to 3.2kHz in half steps, then back down again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.