One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I've always been frustrated by the ending we saw in the cinema, which strikes me as tonally appropriate, but utterly unconvincing.’
- ‘The string playing was sinewy, and tonally integrated, a lovely sound which would not disgrace a professional orchestra; particularly pleasing, bearing in mind that this one includes even first year students.’
- ‘This is an aspect that sometimes I miss in Mahler performances and it matters greatly, because Mahler's music is sometimes tonally anchored and sometimes tonally disorientated.’
- ‘The Reeve, the Shipman, and the Merchant's Tales are in a similar vein, although tonally they are all quite different.’
- ‘Wistful, peaceful, tonally rich, the music is perfect calming therapy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.