Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A record obtained by tomography.
- ‘The inflammatory events can be related to the presence or absence of airflow obstruction and to the presence of emphysema in computed tomograms of the lungs.’
- ‘This time, the computed tomogram showed an abscess at the site of the excised vascular anomaly.’
- ‘The tomogram showed an aneurysm of the lower part of the descending thoracic aorta with surrounding haematoma.’
- ‘Six hundred and eight additional liver computed tomograms detected only one asymptomatic patient with liver metastases who might have benefited from liver resection.’
- ‘Clinical records, chest x-ray films, and computed tomograms were reviewed in all cases.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.