A record obtained by tomography.
- ‘The tomogram showed an aneurysm of the lower part of the descending thoracic aorta with surrounding haematoma.’
- ‘Clinical records, chest x-ray films, and computed tomograms were reviewed in all cases.’
- ‘The inflammatory events can be related to the presence or absence of airflow obstruction and to the presence of emphysema in computed tomograms of the lungs.’
- ‘This time, the computed tomogram showed an abscess at the site of the excised vascular anomaly.’
- ‘Six hundred and eight additional liver computed tomograms detected only one asymptomatic patient with liver metastases who might have benefited from liver resection.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.