One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of or reminiscent of the novels of J. R. R. Tolkien, especially with reference to the fantastical characters and dramatic landscapes that they portray.‘the traditional Tolkienesque fantasy setting’
- ‘Some are Tolkienesque games where you might be an elf or a dwarf fighting against dragons and goblins.’
- ‘There was only one picture - and that's a Tolkienesque map.’
- ‘The nods to the traditional Tolkienesque fantasy setting are as countless as they are obvious.’
- ‘The mist has given the woods a distinctly Tolkienesque atmosphere.’
- ‘Gently rolling hills, Tolkienesque forests and burbling streams are displayed at their best in perfect frosty weather.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.