One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Government's move to raise the stamp duty threshold was, let's face it, no more than tokenistic.’
- ‘Maybe her new job will be the making of her; on the evidence we have so far, however, it is difficult to see her appointment as anything but entirely tokenistic.’
- ‘Have you ever considered that your coverage of women's contribution to sport is anything other than tokenistic and dare I say it sexist?’
- ‘The result was largely tokenistic, with few of the female members feeling welcome there.’
- ‘Despite a revived interest in Scottish identity in recent years, the teaching of Scottish history is patchy and tokenistic with glaring gaps spanning hundreds of years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.