One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Maybe her new job will be the making of her; on the evidence we have so far, however, it is difficult to see her appointment as anything but entirely tokenistic.’
- ‘Have you ever considered that your coverage of women's contribution to sport is anything other than tokenistic and dare I say it sexist?’
- ‘Despite a revived interest in Scottish identity in recent years, the teaching of Scottish history is patchy and tokenistic with glaring gaps spanning hundreds of years.’
- ‘The Government's move to raise the stamp duty threshold was, let's face it, no more than tokenistic.’
- ‘The result was largely tokenistic, with few of the female members feeling welcome there.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.