One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They preferred to claim that they had resisted the charms of embourgeoisement and still stood shoulder to shoulder with the fellow toilers from whom they or their parents had sprung.’
- ‘It is this union movement of city and rural toilers that has the power to end capitalism.’
- ‘He speaks frequently; the old man speaks from time to time; the woman says almost nothing; but the toilers in the field, row upon row, catch only a few words each before the procession moves on.’
- ‘The most important meal in many a toiler's life is the lunch because breakfast seems to be disappearing in our increasingly frenetic lifestyle.’
- ‘Italy has seen the success of the Slow Food movement, and at a recent conference on idling there, it was claimed that idlers are smarter than toilers as they can do the same amount of work in half the time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.