One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Togo or its people.‘the Togolese national team’
- ‘The clever money appears to be on the Togolese striker rather than the Englishman.’
- ‘The Togolese national women's volleyball team beat their counterparts from Niger Republic 3:2 at the World Championship qualifiers.’
- ‘He is a Togolese artist who received his degree from the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux Arts in Paris in 1959.’
- ‘He was virtually unknown on the Togolese political scene when he was named prime minister.’
- ‘They are savvy business women who trade vegetables and other products in the markets of the Togolese capital, Lome.’
A native or inhabitant of Togo, or a person of Togolese descent.‘the Togolese should not be underestimated’
- ‘The Togolese has netted three times in five matches, including a beautiful header to set up a 2-1 victory away to Man United.’
- ‘The well-built Togolese had a practise match to loosen up after a long flight and having arrived at 06:00 hours.’
- ‘"I have confidence in the forces of order and security and, most of all, in the political maturity and good sense of the Togolese".’
- ‘The Togolese finished third with the Ivory Coast bottom of the pool.’
- ‘Traditional systems of social organization are significant in the daily lives of Togolese.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.