One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of Togo or its people.‘the Togolese national team’
- ‘He is a Togolese artist who received his degree from the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Beaux Arts in Paris in 1959.’
- ‘They are savvy business women who trade vegetables and other products in the markets of the Togolese capital, Lome.’
- ‘The clever money appears to be on the Togolese striker rather than the Englishman.’
- ‘He was virtually unknown on the Togolese political scene when he was named prime minister.’
- ‘The Togolese national women's volleyball team beat their counterparts from Niger Republic 3:2 at the World Championship qualifiers.’
A native or inhabitant of Togo, or a person of Togolese descent.‘the Togolese should not be underestimated’
- ‘Traditional systems of social organization are significant in the daily lives of Togolese.’
- ‘The well-built Togolese had a practise match to loosen up after a long flight and having arrived at 06:00 hours.’
- ‘The Togolese finished third with the Ivory Coast bottom of the pool.’
- ‘The Togolese has netted three times in five matches, including a beautiful header to set up a 2-1 victory away to Man United.’
- ‘"I have confidence in the forces of order and security and, most of all, in the political maturity and good sense of the Togolese".’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.