Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A jump, initiated with the help of the supporting foot, in which the skater makes a full turn in the air, taking off from and landing on the outside edge of the same foot.
- ‘She landed her first triple jump, a salchow, when she was 14, but said that the triple toe loop was her best jump.’
- ‘After a promising opening to her free skate, she fell on a triple toe loop and made errors on her two remaining jumps.’
- ‘She was eleven when she landed her first triple jump, a triple salchow, but considers the toe loop to be her favorite jump.’
- ‘He has also been working on a quadruple toe loop.’
- ‘When the music started, I pushed off into a series of difficult, flashy footwork, then nailed my first jump, a triple toe loop.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.