One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A jump, initiated with the help of the supporting foot, in which the skater makes a full turn in the air, taking off from and landing on the outside edge of the same foot.
- ‘When the music started, I pushed off into a series of difficult, flashy footwork, then nailed my first jump, a triple toe loop.’
- ‘She was eleven when she landed her first triple jump, a triple salchow, but considers the toe loop to be her favorite jump.’
- ‘He has also been working on a quadruple toe loop.’
- ‘After a promising opening to her free skate, she fell on a triple toe loop and made errors on her two remaining jumps.’
- ‘She landed her first triple jump, a salchow, when she was 14, but said that the triple toe loop was her best jump.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.