One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The common palm civet of Asia, which is noted for its habit of stealing toddy from the bamboo tubes placed to collect it from palm trunks.
- ‘It all comes down to a marsupial called by several names - luwak, common palm civet and toddy cat or Paradoxurus hermaphroditus - which exists in rainforests from northern India to the Philippines.’
- ‘Mangalore still has green pockets that are home to toddy cats, porcupine and even the occasional leopard.’
- ‘There have been Mangaloreans who have had monkeys, toddy cats, rabbits and white mice for pets.’
- ‘Other forms of biodiversity may need more natural landscapes to survive but can still withstand intensive disturbances (wild pigs, toddy cats).’
- ‘The leopard cat, jungle cat, civets and toddy cats are the cats found commonly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.