One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person's buttocks or anus.
buttocks, behind, backside, rear, rear end, seat, haunches, cheeksView synonyms
- ‘Well, between the two of you, you've got me off my tochus to see the film.’
- ‘Well the next day out of her tochus came the pink ribbon that had been tied around the bunny's neck.’
- ‘My job consisted of sitting on my tochus and reading for eight straight hours a day.’
- ‘So you can wear your tochus on your chest or let the world know you have a shayna punim.’
- ‘I had the chutzpah to schlep this cockamamie comp to the shmoozy jacket meeting but I got my tochus kicked and now I feel like a shlamiel.’
Early 20th century: from Yiddish tokhes, from Hebrew tahḍatḇ ‘beneath’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.