One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A virus that causes mosaic disease in tobacco, much used in biochemical research.
- ‘Inoculation of the tobacco plants with tomato mosaic virus and tobacco mosaic virus was performed using a standard mechanical rubbing method.’
- ‘This situation appears with several viruses such as the tobacco mosaic virus and a class of viruses called retroviruses.’
- ‘On the other hand, some interesting questions reaching beyond plant pathology are discussed, e.g. the possible role of the tobacco mosaic virus as a prototype for constructing nanotechnical devices.’
- ‘Most other viruses, such as the tobacco mosaic virus, have to rely almost totally upon the cell's own tool kits.’
- ‘In addition, it has been proposed that interaction with pectin esterases is necessary for the cell-to-cell movement of the tobacco mosaic virus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.