One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As the pressures have increased, toadyism has increased.’
- ‘The failed March First Movement taught us that in order to win our fight for independence and freedom, we must have effective revolutionary leadership and organizational structures; we must use the right tactics and strategies; and we must debunk toadyism and build up our strength on our own.’
- ‘The not-so-little secret is that indecisions are often more frequently rewarded at the workplace than decisions, joining the litany of office-sanctioned bad behaviors that include toadyism, hissy-fits, and frat-house machismo.’
- ‘It lays out, with fierce irony and escalating desperation, the horrors of the nuclear reactor meltdown at Chernobyl and the buck-passing perfected by a system aimed at ‘inculcating industriousness (somewhat successfully), obedience (fairly successfully) and toadyism (very successfully).’’
- ‘These two behaviors of subordination and aggressive domination, toadyism and the symbolic rape of reputations, are referred to here in their most extreme form.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.