One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of fishes with a wide flattened head.
- ‘‘Understanding the mechanisms of how the toadfish survives these toxins will help us develop therapies for stroke, liver disease, heart attack and brain injury,’ said Perez.’
- ‘You look at this fish that has a face only a mother toadfish could love.’
- ‘There were plenty of unusual sightings - I came across dwarf lionfish, stonefish, toadfish, frogfish and a six-striped soapfish, which I later discovered to be quite a toxic species.’
- ‘Accordingly, the swimbladder itself is the source of the most complex forms of sound production in many groups (e.g. toadfishes, searobins and flying gurnards).’
- ‘While toadfish and their swimbladder muscles continue to grow throughout life, the cells appear to continue to divide and remain relatively small.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.