One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
When touched.‘the ankle was swollen and painful to the touch’
- ‘Her whole body seemed to be throbbing and every millimeter of her skin was painful to the touch.’
- ‘My entire face is the colour of a fire engine and sore to the touch.’
- ‘The tube gets only slightly warm to the touch, and does not present a burn danger.’
- ‘For some strange reason, everything around seems to be slightly warm to the touch but that may be me.’
- ‘Inflammation occurs and the lip is tender to the touch and so are, sometimes, the gums.’
- ‘They too were covered with small grey bruises, none of them bigger than the nail of my pinky finger and all of them painful to the touch.’
- ‘Why are parts of my body cold to the touch when I don't actually feel cold in those places?’
- ‘He's curled up in bed, burning hot to the touch, yet complaining of being cold.’
- ‘It felt sticky to the touch, so we dissuaded my son from sitting in it.’
- ‘The paper is soft, rough, and unpleasant to the touch, and the typeface and printing quality are a strain to the eye.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.