One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Until the complete defeat of one of the parties involved.‘Linfield clinched their first championship in a thrilling fight to the finish’
to the end, to the finish, to the termination, to the completion, to the culmination, to a successful conclusionView synonyms
- ‘This was a great team effort with all the players giving it their best right up to the finish.’
- ‘However, I am proud of the way our whole side performed and stuck in right to the finish.’
- ‘I think he'll fight to the finish and will do everything possible to ensure he doesn't get captured.’
- ‘Here again, another little, mini thriller was played out as both teams fought it out to the finish.’
- ‘We fought hard and credit to the lads they never dropped their heads and fought to the finish.’
- ‘If successful, she could be showing her teeth on TV this September in a fight to the finish.’
- ‘The game turned out to be a close affair with the sides battling it out right up to the finish.’
- ‘With eight days to go until the deadline for offers, it promises to be an interesting fight to the finish.’
- ‘Overcoming male chauvinism is no easy matter and it will have to be a relentless fight to the finish.’
- ‘He commanded troops in Guangdong and advocated a fight to the finish late in the war.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.