One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In my genuine opinion; as far as I know.‘to the best of my belief Francis never made a will’
- ‘In the present instance I am forced to admit that the facts are, to the best of my belief, unique.’
- ‘I was present when a Summary of Evidence was taken and I gave the same evidence as I have given now to the best of my belief.’
- ‘And this I say of my own experience, and also from report of those who, to the best of my belief, speak truly.’
- ‘He had had them, to the best of my belief, for forty to fifty years.’
- ‘A. Yes, to the best of my belief it is.’
- ‘I will therefore place on record the circumstances which, to the best of my belief, were the cause of this omission.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.