One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
According to personal liking.‘add salt and pepper to taste’
- ‘Once these are amalgamated, Parmesan cheese is added, and salt and pepper according to taste.’
- ‘Pour over the oil and orange juice, mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘Remove from the heat, add the capers, lemon zest, Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘Mix the oil, orange juice and zest and sherry, and add salt and pepper to taste.’
- ‘Add salt and pepper to taste, stir well to blend and serve straight away.’
- ‘Sauté them quickly with the garlic and salt and pepper to taste, and add to the soup.’
- ‘For the sauce, stir the remaining ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper.’
- ‘Season to taste with salt and pepper, and then stir in the remaining butter.’
- ‘Stir in tomatoes, tomato purée, sugar and basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.’
- ‘Add salt and pepper to taste, and if you have it, a little caramelised red onion marmalade will give a final kick.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.