One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
So that one is satisfied.‘some amendments were made, not entirely to his satisfaction’
- ‘It is not incumbent upon staff to explain the reasons behind that suspicion to your satisfaction.’
- ‘He could not explain it to my satisfaction and it was totally unacceptable.’
- ‘All the songs charted for the function were rehearsed to her satisfaction.’
- ‘That's still a critical question that hasn't been answered to my satisfaction yet.’
- ‘The police have said that he's answered all questions to their satisfaction.’
- ‘And if things are not to your satisfaction, they try to work with you to find a satisfactory solution.’
- ‘I hope you have found everything to your satisfaction?’
- ‘If the manufacturer doesn't handle your complaints to your satisfaction, seek legal help.’
- ‘One of my friends went for the special, a chicken filet with a mango and tequila sauce, and it was not at all to his satisfaction.’
- ‘Once the cushions had been plumped up to her satisfaction, she wouldn't allow her children to sit on them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.