One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
So that one is satisfied.‘some amendments were made, not entirely to his satisfaction’
- ‘That's still a critical question that hasn't been answered to my satisfaction yet.’
- ‘If the manufacturer doesn't handle your complaints to your satisfaction, seek legal help.’
- ‘Once the cushions had been plumped up to her satisfaction, she wouldn't allow her children to sit on them.’
- ‘It is not incumbent upon staff to explain the reasons behind that suspicion to your satisfaction.’
- ‘He could not explain it to my satisfaction and it was totally unacceptable.’
- ‘The police have said that he's answered all questions to their satisfaction.’
- ‘And if things are not to your satisfaction, they try to work with you to find a satisfactory solution.’
- ‘One of my friends went for the special, a chicken filet with a mango and tequila sauce, and it was not at all to his satisfaction.’
- ‘I hope you have found everything to your satisfaction?’
- ‘All the songs charted for the function were rehearsed to her satisfaction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.