One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Giving only these as examples, even though more could be cited.‘the ingredients used are drawn from nature—avocado, lemongrass, and camomile to name a few’
- ‘Some of the past categories have included heritage, youth, environment, culture, sport, community and charity to name but a few.’
- ‘The dinner menu is more elaborate, offering lobster, bigger than average prawns and monkfish to name but a few, and while filling you up, it won't leave a gaping hole in the wallet.’
- ‘Guests include a podiatrist, a sports masseur, a foot scanner technician for determining the ideal running shoe, personal trainers, dieticians to name but a few.’
- ‘True, there may be a great many cuter animals - koalas, chinchillas, moomins and ewoks to name but a few, but guinea pigs reap extra appeal due to their peculiar nature.’
- ‘You can finally appreciate many famous sights in their natural glory: Red Square, St Basil's Cathedral and Bolshoi Theatre to name but a few.’
- ‘After being pursued by England, Newcastle and Middlesbrough, to name but a few, he has surprisingly settled for the managerial graveyard that is Aston Villa.’
- ‘The show is packed with well-known numbers - Deadwood Stage, Secret Love, Windy City, The Black Hills of Dakota to name but a few.’
- ‘These include the attractive, symmetrical sandstone facade, well proportion rooms, working shutters and astragal windows, to name but a few.’
- ‘The floorboards of the Linenhall hall gently rocked as the both the audience and musicians tapped the various rhythms of jigs, reels, polkas, to name but a few!’
- ‘I met a girl named Lisa, another named Jane, and yet another named Maryanne, just to name a few.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.